Mother Passes Out In Front Of Child Due To Drug Overdose While Out Shopping
In New Hampshire, security footage in a Dollar General recently captured a mom overdosing in front of her two-year-old daughter.
As the footage shows, the pair were shopping in the toy aisle when 36-year-old Mandy McGowan collapsed. Confused, her toddler began to cry and pull on her arm in an attempt to rouse her. Authorities believe that she took oral heroin or another narcotic, such as fentanyl.
McGowan was revived and has completed over two months of rehabilitation. For now, her daughter remains in state custody.
It’s a heartbreaking video, but one that clearly demonstrates the danger and pain of drug addiction. Shockingly, nearly two minutes pass before anyone steps forward to comfort the little girl.
Read More: The Other Side Of Addiction: A Father Tells His Son That His Mom Died And Films It