This Is Why Every Parent Should Know Basic CPR And Choke Training
Would you know what to do if your child choked? Luckily for this little boy, his cowboy father didn’t hesitate when he saw his son choking on a snack.
A few months ago, I choked on a carrot. At first I thought it was no big deal, but it soon became clear that it was lodged in my throat. In just seconds, my vision started to blur and I knew I would soon be losing consciousness. Just like the dad in this video, my husband began to smack my back. He saved my life, but once the incident was over, I admitted that I wouldn’t have known what to do if I’d been in his shoes.
As you’ll see, choking happens in an instant. This young boy was just walking around a boat trade show in Houston, Texas, when he choked on a snack. If it hadn’t been for his quick-thinking dad, the bothersome snack could have killed him.